March 17th, 2008
|07:55 pm - Started a new project|
as a trial run, using Louisa Harding's Impressions, as preparatopn for using some of the Posh Yarn that is safely locked away in my cupboard until I'm well enough to wind it safely.
( Party Lacy Scarf )
We're still without a working oven, Chez Hesadevil, so at least one day of the Easter weekend will be spent eating out. Oh dear. What a shame. Never mind.
February 17th, 2008
|11:18 pm - Daily post|
The lamb casserole was magnificent. Why did I ignore my desire for a slow cooker for so many decades?
Plus - I can haz
Magnum Ecuador Dark
for desert with my coffee.
February 16th, 2008
|05:46 pm - Today is Sunny Saturday|
but very cold,
so I can haz tea and crumpets in the conservatory,
while the smell of lamb casserole in the slow cooker has been driving me to drool for the past 4 hours.
Two new books arrived from Amazon today; Georgette Heyer's Regency World, and The Foundling I ordered them after <lj user="gillo"'s visit when I learned that Georgette Heyer set some of her books in this and a neighbouring town.
February 15th, 2008
|05:52 pm - Today I be mainly tired|
so apologies for not commenting on your journal or checking who has commented on mine (LJ isn't notifying me at the moment).
- I missed Ashes to Ashes last night because I forgot it was on and got back from the knitting group when it was half-way through. I shall have to watch it on 'catch-up TV' if I can persuade the digibox to co-operate. It's displaying 'programme details unavailable' on all channels at the moment.
- I ripped out 48 inches of the shawl I'm knitting for myself and started again, because stocking stitch does not work IMO.
- I took my sore eye to show the pharmacist when I picked up my meds this morning. She sold me some eye cream that makes the eye a bit blurry - and it's still sore.
- I drove MWNN to the airport this morning as he is needed in Dublin as there is yet another Irish-outlaws' crisis.
- I sent the Monet shawl that was destined for The Daughter to Ireland with MWNN. Now I have to decide what sort, if any, to knit as a replacement.
- I shopped for the weekend in Sainsbury's and bought a Morphy Richards slow cooker for £20 (33% off normal price). It'll do for casseroles and pot roasts until the gas oven is repaired or replaced.